Audio Visual Technician
AVMelbourne is responsible for providing support and technical expertise of audio visual requirements to students and student group events, UMSU, the broader University community and occasionally, other sites/campuses.
Working under supervision, the AV Technician (Casual Level 3) is required to be actively involved in the preparation, loading, transportation, installation, operation, pack down and return of equipment for AVMelbourne events and productions.
- Play a key role in preparing equipment for AVMelbourne productions
- Assume responsibility for the setup, testing, operation and pack-down of equipment on-site
- Liaise with external suppliers on site
- Ensure all timelines for the production are adhered to in a timely manner
- Liaise with clients and key stakeholders while on-site as required
- Return equipment to designated areas within the AVMelbourne store/s
- Maintain responsibility for the security of the equipment at all timesthrough supervision of the site and associated equipment/materials
- Report any equipment damages or failures to AVMelbourne full-time staff or assigned on-site Production Manager
- Load/unload equipment to/from site or vehicle
- Maintain Occupational Health and Safety standards and requirements with regard to equipment set up and use
- Driving of hire vehicles for transportation of equipment to/from stores/site, if required
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Applied skills in audio, music, lighting, av/computer data projection including the ability to:
- install and operate audio systems and production equipment; and/or
- install and operate video systems and production equipment; and/or
- install and operate lighting systems and production equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience computers, IT equipment and networking on both Windows and Apple OSX platforms as well as MS Office Suite;
- High level problem solving skills, including demonstrated ability to fault find and resolve technical faults/issues on-site whilst under deadline pressure and time constraints;
- Ability to work autonomously, with limited supervision;
- Proven ability to operate heavy equipment and safe manual handling in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety standards;
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, including the ability to interact well with co-workers and clients, often under deadline pressure;
- A valid Victorian Working With Children Check;
- Current unrestricted Victorian Drivers Licence*
*Please note – all successful applicants will need to ensure that they meet the requirements for “Additional Driver Membership” in accordance with the Student Union’s Hire Car service. Further information is available via the following link: GoGet Member Agreement
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- Formal qualifications in AV, Sound and/or lighting;
- Previously experience or exposure to working in a tertiary education environment
- Test & Tag Certificate; and
- Formal training in Manual Handling.
Click Apply Now below to fill out an expression of interest, or hit back to browse other roles.