To borrow eBooks:
- Good news! You can now self-register online to use the Rowdy’s collection of eBooks and eAudiobooks. You’ll need your student/staff card handy to enter the barcode number when signing up. Due to the current library closure, there are now no borrowing restrictions for eBook/eAudiobook loans (ie. if you have overdue IRL library items, you can still borrow eBooks).
- To sign up online go to e-books.union.unimelb.edu.au , click the “sign in” link in the top right corner & enter your barcode number & a PIN or password of your choice.
- Update: The Overdrive app will discontinued in Feb 2022. If you’re already using the Overdrive app you can continue to use it, but new users will need to download the free Libby app. Overdrive website access will remain unchanged.
- Download the free Libby app from the Apple App Store, Google Play or Microsoft Store. Libby works with all smart devices (except some Kindles), and will work on your desktop too.
- Open the Libby app and search for “Rowden White Library”
- Sign in using the 14-digit barcode on your student/staff card and your library password (this will be the same one as you use to renew RWL items online.)
- Terms of loan are 3 weeks and you can have up to 10 e-books.
To browse our available eBooks, visit: e-books.union.unimelb.edu.au