Student Theatre Group Affiliation
Student Theatre Groups are groups of students who produce and perform their own shows, across many different types of performance from theatre, to dance and music. There are over 20 affiliated Student Theatre Groups – you can find one you like, or even start your own. Student theatre is co-curricular so it doesn’t matter what you are studying – anyone can participate in a wide variety of roles the groups have on offer.
Affiliation is FREE and affiliated theatre groups are entitled to the following services:
– Priority access to rehearsal spaces
– You can apply for University of Melbourne Theatre Board underwriting (up to $2000) and grants (up to $1000)
– You can apply for Creative Arts Committee grants up to $500
– You can hire the Guild Theatre and the Union Theatre at subsidised student rates
– As a venue hirer you will have access to technical, design, artistic and marketing support
To become an affiliated theatre group you need to submit the following:
1. Office Bearer details and photos of student cards. All three office bearers must be current Melbourne University students. A student cannot be an Office Bearer in more than one theatre group.
2. A copy of the group’s Membership list. The group must consist of at least 10 Melbourne University students. The Office Bearers cannot be included in the membership list.
3. The group’s Constitution (Model Constitution provided) adopted by the Office Bearers.
4. A bank statement from an account in the theatre group’s name. The account must have a minimum balance of $25.00. (Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org)
a. Affiliation is current until December 31st of each year.
b. You must re-affiliate each year in order to continue to receive subsidised venue hire, underwriting and prioritised use of rehearsal spaces.
c. You can become an affiliated Student Theatre Group at any point of the year.
d.Existing groups must affiliate by Week 3, or you won’t be able to book rooms with your STG status.
Please contact Erin Adams on 8344 6975 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
n.b this form cannot be saved so you need to have all your information ready to go.