Student Theatre Group Affiliation
Student Theatre Groups are groups of students who produce and perform their own shows, across many different types of performance from theatre, to dance and music. There are over 20 affiliated Student Theatre Groups – you can find one you like, or even start your own. Student theatre is co-curricular so it doesn’t matter what you are studying – anyone can participate in a wide variety of roles the groups have on offer.
Affiliation is FREE and affiliated theatre groups are entitled to the following services:
- Priority access to rehearsal spaces
- You can apply for University of Melbourne Theatre Board grants
- You can apply for Creative Arts Committee grants
- You can hire the Guild Theatre and the Union Theatre at a subsidised student rate
- As a venue hirer you will have access to technical, design, artistic and marketing support
To become an affiliated theatre group you need to submit:
- Office Bearer details. All three office bearers must be current University of Melbourne students. A student cannot be an Office Bearer in more than one theatre group.
- A copy of the group’s Membership list. The group must consist of at least 10 University of Melbourne students. The Office Bearers cannot be included in the membership list.
- The group’s Constitution (Model Constitution provided) adopted by the Office Bearers.
- A bank statement from an account in the theatre group’s name (or your college student club’s name). The account must have a minimum balance of $25
- Affiliation is current until December 31st of each year.
- You must re-affiliate each year in order to continue to receive benefits.
- You can become an affiliated Student Theatre Group at any point of the year.
- Existing groups must re-affiliate by Week 3 of Semester 1. After this, you won’t be able to book rooms with your STG status until you are affiliated.
Please contact email@example.com or 8344 6975 with any questions.