Get Legal Help

If you have a legal problem, please submit the form below, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Please note: If you are contacting us about a housing matter, please include the following information in your contact form (if applicable to your situation):

  1. a copy of your tenancy/accommodation agreement;
  2. a copy of any other documents you were given when you moved in;
  3. a copy of any written correspondence you have exchanged with your agent/landlord/accommodation provider about your issue;
  4. the full names of any other people sharing your room/apartment/house, and whether they are also University of Melbourne students;
  5. whether you have already moved out of the property;
  6. whether you still have belongings at the property; and
  7. whether you have returned the keys to the agent/landlord/accommodation provider.

If you need to attach multiple documents, please use a zip file. You can find instructions for how to create a zip file on Windows here, and on a Mac here.

Providing this information in your contact form will enable us to respond to you more quickly.  

Legal - Request for Assistance
e.g. court dates or fine due dates.
e.g. landlord, agent, other driver, debt collector. We require this information for conflict check purposes. Other parties will not be notified when we conduct a conflict check, and we will not contact them without your permission.
(e.g. work commitments 12PM-4PM Mondays and Tuesdays)
If you answer "no" to this question, your information will still be stored electronically on our secure server. However, we will also print out a hard copy of your information.
Drop a file here or click to upload Choose File
Maximum upload size: 52.43MB
e.g. letter of demand, tenancy agreement, photos of car accident damage. To upload multiple documents, please use a zip file.