Union Mart Assistant
Union Mart launched earlier this year as a means of assisting students who are struggling to access food and address food insecurity. We are serving hundreds of students every week and making a real difference to their lives through this work.
Union Mart currently operates two days a week. However, with the help of volunteers like you, there is scope to open across all weekdays! If you're interested in lending a hand at Union Mart, apply now to become one of our assistants via the link below.
Want to learn more about Union Mart? Click here.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Volunteers contribute to the success of our program at Union Mart by:
- Assisting customers
- Building up stock on shelves
- Staffing the Check out, including viewing student ID and recording customer numbers and providing refferal advice for other support services on campus.
You will receive training and be supported by the UMSU Welfare department student representatives and UMSU staff. You'll also get to make new friends and learn some skills in this welcoming and social team.
Check out the volunteer role description for all the details!
Your customer service experience, or your willingness to learn, will be greatly appreciated in the role of Union Mart Attendant. You'll be working alongside your peers to provide support to students experiencing hardship. Days and hours are negotiable to suit your timetable.
So, if you:
- want to give back to your community
- have a strong commitment to, and understanding of, the aims of Union Mart
- are able to work collaboratively with others to solve problems
- can provide customer service that is sensitive and compassionate
- are available for three hours a week
We want to hear from you!