Indonesian Studies and Language Association
The Indonesian Studies & Language Association (ISLA) is an association for students undertaking Indonesian studies at the University of Melbourne, members of the university community with an interest in Indonesian studies and the Indonesian language, as well as Indonesian nationals. Founded in Semester 2 2013, the association is affiliated with both the Student Union and the Indonesian Department. It aims to bring together people with a common interest in Indonesia and to create opportunities for people to use the Indonesian language on campus.
- To represent students of Indonesian studies and advocate on their behalf.
- To support and promote Indonesian language studies and Indonesian studies more broadly.
- To provide a forum for students interested in Indonesia, the Indonesian language and Indonesian studies
- To foster intercultural relations with Indonesian students on campus and the wider Indonesian community.
- To inform students of opportunities to work, volunteer and study in Indonesia or in Indonesian contexts.
Indonesian Studies & Language Association
c/o Asia Institute
Sidney Myer Asia Institute
University of Melbourne, 3010
You can also sign up through our online membership form.