Pictured: Rehearsal Room 317, Arts & Culture Building
Union House Theatre’s Rehearsal Room Policy
Who can book a rehearsal space?
- UHT affiliated Student Theatre Groups*
- UMSU affiliated Clubs and Societies
- Melbourne University Sport Clubs
- University of Melbourne students
* For details about how to affiliate see: Student Theatre Group Affiliation.
Priority of Bookings
- Union House Theatre
- UHT Affiliated Student Theatre Groups, UMSU affiliated Clubs and Societies and MU Sport Clubs for the purpose of arts-related activities (dance, theatre etc)
- Individual University of Melbourne students. Examples of use might be: piano practice, monologue rehearsal, dance practice.
Affiliated Student Theatre Groups and UMSU affiliated Clubs and Societies can book a space up to four weeks ahead for a maximum of 3 sessions per week.**
Individual students can book a space up to one week ahead for a maximum of 1 session per week.
All bookings have a maximum of 4 hours.**
- No food or drink (except bottled water) is allowed
- We request that all users leave the room tidy after use
- Please let us know if you find the room untidy
- Entry to Building 757 is via the Swanston St entrance only – you will need to swipe in with your student card. If you have trouble accessing a room, call security on 8344 6666 or services on 8344 0888 and quote the booking numbers FCR0178617, FCR0178618 and FCR0185527.
Room bookings are taken in good faith but may be subject to change. We endeavour to notify you by phone, 24 hours in advance if a booking has to be altered or cancelled.
**This applies to all spaces except the Student Pavilion Activity Rooms (Rooms 205 & 206), which can be booked four weeks ahead for a maximum of 2 sessions per week. These bookings are for a maximum of 3 hours.
Rehearsal rooms may not be used for commercial purposes. This means groups cannot charge their members for participation in classes. If this is discovered to be happening the group will be banned from all future bookings. Under no circumstances is the rehearsal room to be used to promote any external companies.
To access rehearsal spaces on the Resource Booker system you will first need to register using your University student username:
Register Your Username
Once your registration has been processed (this is a manual process and can only be done during office hours), you will be able to log in with your University student username and password:
If you require assistance finding an accessible space or making a booking, contact:
email@example.com or 8344 6975.
See below for specific room accessibility notes.
Room 317, Arts & Culture Building
Mon–Wed 8am - 9pm, Thurs-Fri 8am-11pm, Saturday 11am - 11pm, Sunday 11am - 5pm
Room 317 is a rehearsal room on Level 3 of the Arts & Culture Building.
It has a mirrored wall, a sprung floor suitable for dance, and a piano. The studio is available to University of Melbourne students at no charge for rehearsals, readings and auditions. This space has a small sound system that can be plugged into using a 3.5mm jack audio cable, or via HDMI with a computer to also access the room’s projector. The space is wheelchair accessible.
Room 304 at 757 Swanston St
Room 304 is available for rehearsals on weekdays from 6:15pm-9:30pm and on weekends 9am-5pm. To enter 757 Swanston St you will need to use your student card to swipe in. This space is wheelchair accessible.
Open Stage at 757 Swanston St
The Open Stage is available for rehearsals on weekdays from 6:15pm-9:30pm and on weekends 9am-5pm. To enter 757 Swanston St you will need to use your student card to swipe in. This space is wheelchair accessible.
Student Pavilion Activity Rooms 205 & 206
The Student Pavilion Activity Rooms are available for rehearsals on weekdays from 8am-9pm and on weekends from 9am-8pm. With a capacity of 20 people per room, this is an ideal space for small rehearsals, scene studies, or as a break out space for larger groups. There are mobile 55" flat panel display TV screens with a sound bar in each room, however these must be booked in a separate booking to the room booking. This space is wheelchair accessible.
For further information, please contact 8344 6975 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
University Room Bookings
Indoor university spaces (not in Union House) can be booked by affiliated groups through Resource Booker or via the University of Melbourne Venue Hire Student Club bookings.
Need help booking a room? contact 8344 6975 or email email@example.com.