ARES is the Aerospace & Rocket Engineering Society at the University of Melbourne. Through its rocketry and rover teams ARES enters projects into competitions on behalf of the University, giving students an opportunity to get hands-on as they develop and build rockets and rovers from scratch.
Our teams are diverse, consisting of engineers, computer scientists and business students, from undergraduate to masters level. Students involved in our team can look forward to gaining skills and experience that benefits both their studies and professional lives.
As a society, we also run workshops, social events and industry events for the benefit of our general members and run a school outreach program.
1. To create a practical, skill-building environment that is easily accessible to students (especially with no prior skills).
2. To use university learnt skills/theory to design and build aerospace technology (i.e. drones, planes, UAV, etc.).
3. To create a healthy, competitive scene for building and racing aeronautical vehicles.
4. To show students the practical design and build processes involved with engineering projects.
5. To enter into national and global competitions. 6. To give students a friendly/social environment to learn valuable engineering skills.
Level 4, Building 168
University of Melbourne VIC 3010