|The aims and objectives of the Welfare department are:
When selecting a student to fill the vacancy, the Committee must consider the following criteria:
- to oversee the activities of UMSU in areas related to Student welfare, including but not limited to Student poverty, racism, accessibility constraints, physical and mental health issues, marginalisation, discrimination and harassment;
- to raise awareness of the diversity of Student experiences and ensure UMSU and the University are safe, accessible and respectful of diversity;
- to liaise with Student service providers to ensure that all Students can participate fully in UMSU and the University;
- to raise awareness of support services available for Students facing difficulties; and
- to provide Students with awareness of safe-sex practices and the prevention of sexually transmitted diseases, and to distribute information on sexual health issues.
- Previous experience;
- Involvement in UMSU, department, collective, committee, Students’ Council or any body thereof;
- Previous or current holding of an Officer position in UMSU;
- Proven honesty and integrity;
- Proven commitment to the aims and objectives of UMSU (as outlined in our Constitution).