|The aims and objectives of the department are:
- to oversee the social and recreational activities of UMSU;
- to oversee orientation planning and activities;
- to organise and promote events including, but not limited to, concerts, barbecues, balls and union nights for Students;
- to liaise with Student organisations and bodies in order to expand, develop and co-ordinate the range of cultural events and social activities for Students; and
- to liaise with the Arts Department, Union House Theatre and the MUDFest steering Committee to expand, develop and co-ordinate artistic activities for Students.
When selecting a student to fill the vacancy, the Committee must consider the following criteria:
- Previous experience;
- Involvement in UMSU, department, collective, committee, Students’ Council or any body thereof;
- Previous or current holding of an Officer position in UMSU;
- Proven honesty and integrity;
- Proven commitment to the aims and objectives of UMSU (as outlined in our Constitution).