Conditions of Entry
UMSU has implemented additional health and safety measures to ensure your safety and wellbeing at our events. Please note that these conditions of entry apply to everyone attending all UMSU in-person events and are subject to change in line with Public Health advice. All attendees will be required to comply with any current public health directions unless a valid exemption applies.
- It is a requirement for anyone attending University of Melbourne campuses to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (or have a valid medical exemption).
- For further information regarding the vaccination requirement at the University, including valid forms of vaccination information, please visit our website and refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements Policy
- Complete a symptom self-assessment prior to leaving home. Do not come to the event if you are unwell, even with very mild symptoms.
- Do not come to the event if you are required to isolate or quarantine for any reason and/or awaiting results of a COVID-19 test. You are also encouraged to reconsider your need to attend this event if you are a household contact / close contact.
- While face masks are not currently required (except for household contacts / close contacts, who must wear one on campus), you are welcome to wear one if you want to. You should also respect other people’s decisions to wear a mask in settings where it is not mandatory.
- Physically distance from others where possible
- Let the organiser know immediately if you become unwell during the event/meeting
- If you test positive to COVID-19 in the 48 hours following this event, please notify the University’s Public Health Network and the event organiser as soon as possible
For on-campus events
- If someone who attends the event subsequently tests positive, it will be listed on the COVID-19 cases on campus webpage. Attendees are encouraged to monitor this site following the event for information related to any potential exposures to COVID-19 at this event.
For events off-campus
- If someone who attends the event subsequently tests positive you will receive an email to inform you.
- UMSU in-person events held off-campus will be subject to the relevant entry requirements of the venue and current Public Health advice.
It is a requirement for anyone attending University of Melbourne campuses or undertaking University activities in third-party or public settings, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For further information regarding the vaccination requirement at the University of Melbourne, please visit our website or review the COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements Policy. Failure to comply with these measures may result in the attendee being refused entry or requested to leave.
For more information on these measures, and what to do when attending a University campus, visit attending campus .
UMSU CovidSafe Plan June 2022