The 2022 VCE Summer School and Residential program are anticipated to run in-person from 10th – 21st of January, depending on COVID-safe guidelines. Enrolments for the 2022 VCESS program are now open.
You can submit an application for VCESS 2022 here
Applications to be a student for VCESS 2022 are now open and will close on Monday, 20 December. The application process has two parts: the first part is an application for the program to be completed by 13 December, and the second part will be a confirmation of enrolment which may require help from a parent or guardian to be completed by 20 December. Instructions are provided at the beginning of the form.
For a detailed breakdown of the program and frequently asked questions, head to our FAQs.
In 2022, VCESS there will be three format options: in-person (mixed delivery), online (fully online), and residential (mixed delivery). All students will take the same online classes, but in-person and residential students will have events and activities on-campus with limited online equivalents. You can read more about how we plan to deliver the program here.
- For in-person students (online classes + in-person activities), the program cost is $190. This will cover all VCE classes, subject materials, activities, workshops and focus tutoring, with additional in-person activities such as a campus tour, tertiary study expo, seminars in a university lecture theatre, and in-person drop-in tutoring and social events.
- For online students (online classes + limited online activities), the program cost is $90. This will cover all VCE classes, subject materials, activities, workshops and focus tutoring, with all activities held online.
- For residential students (online classes + in-person and online activities + one week of accommodation), the program cost is $290. This will cover all VCE classes, subject materials, activities, workshops and focus tutoring, with additional in-person activities, residential program activities and one week of food and accommodation on campus.
The VCE Summer School is passionate about making our program accessible to students facing financial disadvantages. If you are experiencing financial hardship, we’re here to help. Please explore our Scholarships and Bursary program and get in touch to discuss how we can help you get involved!
The costs for delivering the program have been affected by recent events. For additional context, the previous pricing for the 2020 and 2021 programs is included below.
- 2021: The VCESS program ran online, with fees set at $50. This enrolment fee covered all classes, subject booklets, participation in the academic and activities program and any focused tutoring students required.
- 2020: The price for the in-person program was $219 for the academic and activities program (covering the above, as well as a program T-shirt), and $419 for the residential program for rural and regional students. The residential program included food and accommodation for two weeks, as well as full participation in the academic and activities program. Explore the VCE subjects covered in the 2020 program here.
The University of Melbourne has made COVID-19 vaccinations a requirement for attending their campuses. As such, attendance at in-person activities of the VCE Summer School will require that students be fully vaccinated at the start of the program in January. Evidence of vaccination will be required when students arrive for in-person VCESS activities, including the Residential Program. We understand that some students may not yet be fully vaccinated and unvaccinated students will be able to participate in the online cohort of the program.
You can read more about the University of Melbourne vaccination requirement here. You can find more information on the COVID-19 vaccines at the VaxFACTS website.
Refund Policy (2021)
Please note that the 2022 policy may differ, and will be made available shortly.
Before 21 December 2021: A complete refund is available if you withdraw from the program before 11.59pm, 20 December 2021.
21 December 2020–10 January 2021: We are able to provide an 80% refund for the program if you withdraw before 11.59pm, 10 January 2021.
After 10 January 2021: We are very sorry but by this stage, no refunds are available. All program expenses (including those related to activities, materials, technology and training) have been committed, and the program has now commenced. We are unable to provide a refund after this date except at discretion in exceptional circumstances.