The 2023 VCE Summer School program ran from 9-20 January 2023 with two formats: in-person in Parkville, and a small online cohort for limited subjects. Applications for VCESS 2024 will open in late 2023. If you are interested in participating at VCESS 2024, sign up to our EOI form here: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/K8f1CxnMJ5sJJX3pgHvMT3u?domain=communications23.typeform.com.
Our Residential Program for rural and regional students will provide two weeks of accommodation for rural and regional students to attend the in-person program. Please note that the online and Residential program formats have limited spaces, which will be allocated on a needs basis. Students applying for these formats are asked to submit a short statement explaining why they are applying for this format.
You are welcome to contact the Program Directors at email@example.com with any additional questions.
The VCESS 2023 program run in January has concluded. If you will be studying VCE in 2024 and are interested in participating at VCESS, sign up to our VCESS 2024 student EOI here to stay in the loop with updates on the VCESS 2024 program: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/K8f1CxnMJ5sJJX3pgHvMT3u?domain=communications23.typeform.com.
If you expect to have completed six months of tertiary study before January 2025, you can sign up for our VCESS 2025 tutor EOI here: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/l7QKCyoNK5UNN4RGQfQGHeh?domain=forms.office.com.
Student fees for VCESS 2023 have changed significantly from previous years for some program formats. This reflects changing program structures during COVID-19 (different activities being included), and increasing costs for parts of our program. For additional context, the previous pricing for the 2020-2022 programs is included below.
|2020 (fully in-person)
|2021 (fully online)
|2022 (planned mixed)
Student fees are typically due when enrolling in the program after your application is accepted. However, payment plans and bursary options can be discussed at this stage if you are not able to make an immediate payment.
The VCE Summer School is passionate about making our program accessible to students facing financial disadvantages. If you are experiencing financial hardship, we’re here to help. Please explore our Scholarships and Bursary program and get in touch to discuss how we can help you get involved!
You can read more about the University of Melbourne vaccination requirement here. You can find more information on the COVID-19 vaccines at the VaxFACTS website.
For VCESS 2023, the refund policy is as follows:
- Refunds are available for when students need to withdraw from the program, if sufficient notice (as described below) is provided by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Withdrawals made on or before 20 December will result in a full refund. Withdrawals made between 21 December and 9 January will result in a half-refund.
- No refunds will be provided during the program after 10 January, except in exceptional circumstances as decided by the Program Directors. In general, partial attendance will not result in a partial refund.
- Transitions between program formats will incur no additional cost, and the unused fee will be refunded. Please note that transitions between formats must occur with the permission of the Program Directors as some formats have limited places available.
- If in-person components of the program cannot be completed due to government mandate or a program-wide decision made by the Program Directors, all participants will be refunded to the fee of the online program.