Each September, student elections are held on campus. In 2017 this will be September 4-8. If you want to run, nominations close midday August 11.
All current students are eligible to run for office and every person currently studying is eligible to vote. You’ll see lots of brightly coloured t-shirts campaigning for your affections during elections week. The candidate statements for students who are running for positions are printed in Farrago each year. You can pick up a copy and read about their plans for the following year.
Then you can cast your vote for the students that you think best represent what you would like UMSU to look like. It takes 5 minutes to vote!
In the meantime, the doors of your student reps are always open. If something is really bugging you or you have a great idea for a project, why not visit or drop them a line? Their offices are on level 1, Union House.
2017 election forms:
- Online Nomination Form
- Group_ticket_registration form
- Conflict of Position form
- Expressions of Interest Sought – Returning Officer 2017
- Nominations in ballot order: (2016).
- Policy statements submitted by the candidates are available here. (2016).
- Group preference tickets are now available. (2016) These show how “above-the-line” preferences will be distributed if you choose not to allocate them yourself.
- Rulings by the Returning Officer (2016)