Household Help

Living away from home? We have some services that may help.

Melbourne is an expensive city to live in, whether you live in a share house or college, with friends or alone, or if you’re a local or international student. Regardless of your circumstances, we’re here to help you out with free kitchenware and legal assistance.

Free Kitchenware

UMSU Welfare’s Kitchenware Service offers essentials like plates, cups, and cutlery all for free! Whether you’ve just moved out of home or are on exchange for a few months, come help yourself to as much as you need.

Please submit all applications here.

Please note – This service relies on donations. It is possible that we may be running low on stocks, but we will try our best to help you out. If you’d like to donate something for this service, please get in touch with us 

Legal Services

UMSU has a free and confidential specialist community legal service for all currently enrolled students at the University of Melbourne. If you have a legal problem, please use their contact form. Alternatively.