Filming and Photography

These guidelines outline the process for obtaining permission to film or take photographs at UMSU spaces or events. 

Permission via submission of a correct application form must first be sought before any filming or photography can take place. Please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page to begin the approval process. 

You must ensure that any identifiable people in your film or photographs complete a release form. Please click here to download the form and return it to us at the conclusion of your project.

Permission will be granted once UMSU Inc is satisfied that the associated security, legal, and OHS issues are being managed by the applicant (please expect 2 to 5 business days depending on workload).

The criteria used to assess application includes:

  • the safe and efficient usage of Union House/North Court by students, staff, Union House Tenants, and visitors;
  • the disruption that may be caused to the core activities of Union House;
  • the protection of Union House assets, fixtures and furnishings; and
  • the reputation of the Student Union and its associated commercial operations.

UMSU Inc will not proceed with requests that will create unwarranted disturbance to the student and staff amenity of Union House and the commercial tenancies within.

UMSU Inc retains the right to cancel any approval where filming activities causes a disturbance or hinder the core operations of Union House.

Comms: Filming and Photography Permission